SCons and MongoDB
Use SCons to build MongoDB and related
utilities and libraries. See the SConstruct file for details.
Run scons --help to see all options.
Run scons <target>.
- scons all: build everything
- scons mongod: build mongod (this is the default target if none is specified)
- scons mongo: build the shell
- scons mongoclient: build just the client library (builds libmongoclient.a on UNIX)
- scons test: build the unit test binary test
- --d: debug build; all this does is turn optimization off
- --dd: debug build with _DEBUG defined (extra asserts, checks, etc.)
- --32: force 32 bit
- --64: force 64 bit
- --clean: cleans the target specified
- --mute: suppress compile and link command lines
- --ssl: builds MongoDB with SSL support
SCons generates a config.log file. See this file when there are problems with scons starting up.